VinylPlus Sustainability Forum 2017
The fifth edition of the VinylPlus Sustainability Forum took place on the 10th & 11th May 2017 in Berlin. The theme, “Towards Circular Economy”, looked at the key sustainability challenges for PVC and the many growing opportunities for the industry to contribute to enhanced resource efficiency.
The event revolved around keynote addresses, panel and open discussion, presentations and speeches, attracting high-level speakers spanning the EU Institutions, UNIDO, NGOs, academia, politicians, PVC industry value chain, specifiers, designers and architects.
On Day 1, Philip Law, Managing Director of British Plastics Federation (BPF) spoke about the “Global View on Vinyl”, a talk which showcased:
- The health of the global PVC market
- An in-depth look at the global industry issues with examples of projects from all parts of the globe
- The European PVC Industry Initiatives with presentations from medical, pipes, cables and flooring sectors followed by a Global Market panel discussion.
Day 2, moderated by Jim Currie, former EU Director General for Environment, now Senior Advisor at Burson-Marsteller and Rose Brooke, Editor of the European Plastics Product Manufacturers, had sessions on:
- EU and national policies on Circular Economy
- “Eco-design and innovation”
- “Better Lifestyles with Smart PVC Products”
The Forum presented ample networking opportunities, which included our Welcome cocktail and buffet, and our “Networking Dinner”.
For more information: email@example.com
Highlights from the VinylPlus Sustainability Forum 2017 from VinylPlus on Vimeo.