Vinyl Sustainability Forum 2022
The VinylPlus Sustainability Forum 2022 took place on 25 May 2022 near Brussels, Belgium.
Focused on the theme Embracing EU Green Deal Ambitions, the VinylPlus Sustainability Forum 2022 featured keynote speeches, presentations and interactive Q&A sessions, with participants from anywhere in the world. The VSF2022 was held virtually as a single day event on 25 May, bringing together sustainability experts and speakers from academia and the industry.
For over 20 years, VinylPlus® has been a frontrunner that has focused on sustainability and the circular economy. As an industry, we have achieved a lot, but we know that there is still more to do. In June 2021, the entire European PVC value chain officially launched VinylPlus 2030, our next 10-year commitment to sustainable development.
With VinylPlus 2030, the European PVC industry opens the next stage of its journey to accelerate the transition towards a more sustainable and circular future with even more ambitious goals. In alignment with the current and dynamic policy landscape covering the EU Green Deal, the European PVC industry continues to work jointly to tackle the challenges of circularity, foster sustainable innovation and advance towards carbon neutrality.
The VSF2022 also recognised the companies that deliver the highest sustainability performance of PVC products through the VinylPlus® Product Label during the Awards Ceremony. The Product Label is VinylPlus’ sustainability certification scheme for PVC products in the building and construction sector.
The VSF2022 was preceded by the VinylPlus General Assembly, for VinylPlus partners only.
Main topics at #VSF2022:
- VinylPlus General Assembly: key highlights and current policies impacting the PVC business
- Towards 2030: Embracing the European Green Deal ambitions
- Addressing the upcoming European initiatives on plastics
- Driving innovation towards carbon neutrality
- Preparing for the EU energy transition
- Accelerating circularity: Enabling new recycling schemes
- The VinylPlus® Product Label: Rewarding and Recognising Sustainability