VinylPlus Sustainability Forum 2023
10-11 May 2023
Making the EU Green Deal happen
Focused on the theme Making the EU Green Deal happen, the VinylPlus Sustainability Forum 2023 will feature keynote speeches and presentations from leading experts to explore how political and business stakeholders can jointly achieve the EU Green Deal objectives. The VSF2023 will be held as a physical event in Florence (Italy) on 10 - 11 May 2023. While the VinylPlus General Assembly will be organised on 10 May for VinylPlus partners only, a public conference on 11 May will bring together sustainability experts and speakers from academia, politics, NGOs and industry.
For over 20 years, VinylPlus® has been a frontrunner that has focused on sustainability and the circular economy. As an industry, we have achieved a lot, but we know that there is still more to do. In June 2021, the entire European PVC value chain officially launched VinylPlus 2030, our next 10-year commitment to sustainable development. With VinylPlus 2030, the European PVC industry has opened the next stage of its journey to accelerate the transition towards a more sustainable and circular future with even more ambitious goals.
At the VSF2023, we will demonstrate how the European PVC industry works jointly with policymakers and industry partners to find sustainable solutions towards carbon neutrality. We will put spotlight on circularity in the construction sector, developments in green procurement and sustainable product certification - our concrete actions to make the EU Green Deal happen.
During a dedicated Awards Ceremony, #VSF2023 will recognise companies that deliver the highest sustainability performance of PVC products in the building and construction sector through the VinylPlus® Product Label for PVC converters and the VinylPlus® Supplier Certificates for PVC additive producers and compounders.
The following Key Topics will be addressed
- From ambition to action: Making the EU Green Deal happen
- Exchanging on regulatory challenges and the EU legislative framework
- Addressing the upcoming European policy initiatives on PVC
- Accelerating circularity in building and construction
- New European Bauhaus: Sustainable and circular architecture and eco-design for future-proof cities
- The future of Green Public Procurement in Europe
- Rewarding and recognising sustainability: VinylPlus® Product Label and VinylPlus® Supplier Certificates
- VinylPlus General Assembly: key highlights and achievements, current policies and upcoming milestones impacting the PVC business